Underlining sustainability with mastic asphalt
- Mastic asphalt is an ecological product and 100 % reusable; it is waterproof and void-free.
- Mastic asphalt is used to create durable, long-lasting waterproofing, protective and wearing layers.
Reducing noise and heat with mastic asphalt
- Mastic asphalt screeds are warm to the feet, heat-insulating and contribute to sound insulation; they have a good sound absorption value.
- For example, a mastic asphalt screed with a thickness of 35 mm, laid on a separating layer and on a concrete slab, achieves an improvement in impact sound of 14 dBA.
- White mastic asphalt or lightly chipped mastic asphalt layers can also significantly improve the thermal behaviour of the layers.
- And: mastic asphalt is fireproof.
Resisting high loads with mastic asphalt
- Mastic asphalt can be used quickly, which is a particular an advantage for renovations and refurbishments.
- Mastic asphalt is abrasion-resistant, highly stable, chemical-resistant, root-resistant and resistant to de-icing salt. It is therefore resistant to the highest mechanical and thermal loads. Its grip is maintained over a long period of time.
- Mastic asphalt screeds in building constructions - whether left untreated, chipped or polished («bitu terrazzo») - are hygienic and easy to maintain; only water is required for cleaning.
Achieve a positive life cycle cost balance with mastic asphalt
- Due to its durability and low maintenance costs, mastic asphalt is one of the most economical and environmentally friendly alternatives in many areas of application.
Therefore: Building with mastic asphalt.